SHARED 3 DAYS MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR TO MERZOUGA DESERT
Join our shared group Merzouga desert tour 3 days 2 nights and explore the great dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga, the favorite destination in southern Morocco providing an outstanding panorama for those who want to visit the reel Moroccan desert with its mysteries and wonders.
please note that’s the private tour is always better :
In the MERZOUGA Desert 3 Days, 2 Nights SHARED WITH A GROUP
- The magnificent Atlas Mountains and the pass of Tichka (2260 m)
- Visit the kasbah Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Ride a camel as you trek over Morocco Merzouga Desert
- Play drum around the campfire after feasting on a traditional Moroccan meal
- Sleep in a traditional Berberan auberge with dinner and breakfast in Dades valley
- Sleep under the stars in Bedouin Berber tents with dinner and breakfast in Merzouga
- Watch the sun rise and sun set over the dunes of Merzouga Desert
- Experience the lifestyle of Moroccan desert nomads
Detailed Itinerary :
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait benhadou Kasbah – Rose valley – Dades gorges.
Day 2: Dades gorges – Todra gorges – Erfoud – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi dunes.
After breakfast, we start our day with a drive towards the Todra Gorges where many rock-climbers come to enjoy their preferred sport. A walk through the Gorges of Toudra then we continue our journey, following the ancient Bedouin trading routes parallel with the Middle Atlas, passing a series of the fortified villages with outstanding pre-Saharian architecture. The route to Erfoud is one of the most pleasing of all the Southern routes. The town is known for its rich black fossils marble. The stone is sculpted to bring the fossils into relief on everything from ashtrays to washbasins and more. We head down to the spectacular Merzouga dunes where sand dunes signify the start of the mighty Sahara Desert. We leave our vehicle and take an hour and a half camel ride into the desert to a Berber camp, admire the sunset and spend the night under the stars in a Bedouin tent. After dinner, gather around the fire and enjoy the desert night with the traditional Berber live drums chants.
Day 3: Erg Chebbi dunes – Merzouga – Ouarzazate – Marrakech.
Early wake up to watch the sunrise over the dunes of Erg Chebbi, camelback to the starting point and after breakfast, departure to Marrakech via Ouarzazate and through the Tizi-n-Tichka pass with many stops on the road. We will reach Marrakech around 7 pm.
Inclusions / Exclusions
Desert Tour Includes:
List of Included Services for MERZOUGA Desert 3 Days 2 Nights Shared with a Group:
- Pick up from your hotel in Marrakech
- Brand new air-conditioned minivan
- Multilingual speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation in typical berber auberge with dinner and breakfast in Dades valley
- Accommodation in typical Bedouin tents with dinner and breakfast in Merzouga Desert
- Camel ride and overnight in nomad desert camp
- Berber Music Entertainment around a firecamp
- Free time to explore the sites such as Kasbahs, Valleys, Walks, Breaks for photos
Desert Tour Excluded:
List of Excluded Services for MERZOUGA Desert 3 Days 2 Nights Shared with a Group:
- Lunches and drinks
- Entrance fees to kasbahs
- Personal expenses
- Any extras not mentioned in the program